Aralco has created an interface that integrates with the Closed Cash Management System from StrongPoint. The Aralco Retail System interface can certainly change the way CASH is handled in-store and at checkouts – retailers can now eliminate handling cash manually and start managing cash.
The Closed Cash Management solution displaces manual cash handling with conventional POS cash drawers. In other words, there is no more need to count notes and coins, organize floats or reconcile the till on cash floats, cash taking and deposits at the end of each shift. All transactions are calculated and administered by the system – taking away all the hassles from your back office and checkouts.
Even the emptying of the till is carried out without exposing the cash and all operations, balances, note and coin levels etc. are monitored and reported by the back office system either in-store or remotely.
AT THE CHECKOUT
This is how it works when customers make a cash payment at the Aralco POS terminal:
1. The cashier inserts bank notes into the Note Recycler and the customer inserts coins, if any, into the customer-facing Coin Recycler.
2. Aralco POS software receives data from both Recyclers (via USB or RS232C port) as cash is inserted.
3. When ready, the cashier simply clicks the ACCEPT button on the POS payment screen to trigger dispensing of any change for the transaction by the CashGuard system.
4. The cashier hands over the change in note(s) to the customer together with the POS sales receipt and the customer picks up any change (coins) from the coin dispenser.
The Aralco POS Interface for CashGuard Closed Cash Systems has the following benefits over conventional cash drawers:
• no longer need to count notes and coins tendered by customers
• no longer need to manually place tendered notes and coins into the respective compartments of the cash drawer
• no longer need to pick, count change from the cash drawer for return to customer
• no longer have access to an opened cash drawer
Aralco Retail Systems and CashGuard Closed Cash Systems work together seamlessly to provide improved productivity, speed, accuracy on cash payments, eliminate errors and risk of theft and to directly enhance your customers’ overall shopping experience.