The Aralco POS system easily handles coin rounding for countries where the lowest common accepted coin value is higher than .01. In Canada, where the penny was officially decommissioned in 2013, the system calculates sales to the nearest .01, but rounds to the nearest .05 when determining cash as a tender.
To set this up:
- From within Point of Sale, navigate to Setup » Software Options » Settings on the top menu bar. This can also be done from within Back Office using POS » POS Settings on the top menu bar, and select a register.
- Select Point of Sale Transactions » Coin Rounding Mode. The options include:
- None to disable;
- Up to always round up;
- Down to always round down;
- Symmetric (select this in Canada) is the most common rounding method by rounding to the nearest;
- Symmetric Up always rounds up from the nearest decimal when dealing with negative values;
- Around 5 rounds 1 and 2 down to 0, 3 – 4 , and 6 – 7 to 5 (hence the around 5), and 8 or 9 up to 0.
- Select Coin Rounding to the Nearest and enter (in 1/100th) the coin value you are rounding to. For example, if you round to the nearest 5 cents, you would enter 5 (equals .05).
- Press [Save] to complete the changes.
If you require further assistance, please contact our Support Department at 604-980-4199 ext 2., or click on this link to submit a support request.