Setting up Remote Help Utility
Aralco utilizes TeamViewer to remotely connect into client workstations and servers.
If you already have TeamViewer installed on the system that requires assistance, please have the ID and password available when a Support Rep contacts you.
To set up the Aralco’s simplified TeamViewer, follow these instructions:
- Click here to open a web browser and being downloading the help.exe utility to your computer;
- Depending on which web browser you use, accessing the file will be a bit different:
- Chrome: The bottom bar will appear showing the help.exe file being downloaded. Click on the small arrow and select Show in folder. From there you can drag the help.exe file to your desktop, and rename it Aralco Support.exe .
- Firefox: A window will appear asking what you want to do with the download. Select Save File, and press Ctrl+J to watch the progress of the download. Once the download is complete, click on the folder icon beside the help.exe file to open the download folder. From there you can drag the help.exe file to your desktop, and rename it Aralco TeamViewer Support.exe .
- Internet Explorer: A dialog box will appear near the bottom of the window, click the down arrow beside Save and select Save As. From the Windows File Explorer window, click on the Desktop quick link, and name the file Aralco TeamViewer Support.exe .
- Edge: A dialog box will appear near the bottom of the window, click Save As. From the Windows File Explorer window, click on the Desktop quick access link, and name the file Aralco TeamViewer Support.exe .
- Next time, before you call for help, or when we call to assist you, simply double click on the Aralco TeamViewer Support.exe icon on your desktop and provide the Aralco Support Team member with the ID and password.