Setting Up Gift Cards
** Requires that you have acquired the Gift Cards add-on license for the Aralco Point of Sale system.
In order to accept gift cards as a method of payment, you’ll need to first setup one of the tender keys (usually the R key). To do this:
- Go in the Aralco Back Office module and select POS » Tender Key Setup from the top menu bar;
- Select a tender key code that is not currently being used (again, R is usually available);
- Here is an example of how to fill in the fields on the screen displayed:
- The register must be logged out, and back in for the new key to be available.
A few notes on setting up Gift Cards:
- Select the Disable Tender Key button if you do not have your Gift Cards yet.
- If you acquired predefined gift card barcodes directly from Aralco, set the radio button beside Authorization. This will allow the POS to verify that the gift card being loaded is a valid card number.
- The length of time it takes for the registers to be updated with the changes will depend on network speed, and the amount of data already in the queue waiting to be synchronized. Normally it only takes a few minutes.
Check out this video for details on selling and using Gift Cards as a method of payment:
If you require further assistance please submit a support request through our on-line service, or contact our Help Desk at 604-980-4199 ext. 2.